Our Family

Our Family

Friday, May 30, 2008

Tender Mercies

As I sit here and look through these pictures, I think about the amazing blessing that I have been given to become a mother. I have never experienced something so exciting, difficult, emotional, trying, loving or tiring in my entire life. There are days when I get into bed and wonder if Cash will think I am still wonderful the next day and then there are times when I know for sure that he thinks I'm cool! I worry if I am doing the right thing, being the best mom, and if I am teaching this blessing the right things.
Some days it seems like I say "No" more than "Yes" and sit at the verge of tears more than smile. But than there are days where kisses are innumerable and my smile never fades. In the past two years I have kissed many "owies," lost plenty of sleep, read many books, sang plenty of songs, seen a lot of "CARS," made many meals, said more prayers and have felt my heart grow more than in the 23 years before.
I guess these are the trials that mothers face and I have been chosen for the challenge. I am so thankful that I have accepted this challenge because then the Lord gives me His tender mercies in moments like these and the hard times are suddenly erased and everything is more worth it than it was the moment before.





7 comments:

Amber Wray said...

What a beautiful tribute to your motherhood. Thanks for sharing. i too fel the same way. i think perhaps you shoud quit nursing, write a book and take your own pictures! You are so awesome! Although, I think you and I are past do for a little beading and Miss America. HA HA LOL!

Owen's Blog said...

You are a wonderful mother. Keep up the good work. It is hard and trialing at times, but yet so rewarding!
Hope all is going well. Enjoy reading your blog. Hope this finds you well. Kelly and Owen

Shelley said...

This is so so so sweet! Makes me remember how important (and what a blessing) it is to be a mother. Thanks for the reminder! :)

Becky T said...

You're so sweet, Hillary. You are an amazing mom and Cash is lucky to have you. I echo so many of your words because I just know exactly what you mean. This mommy business is pretty hard sometimes and we can be pretty hard on oureslves, but you are amazing and I love you to death!

Becki R said...

What a cute little guy! I am sure you are great Mom! It's obvious how much you love Cash and I'm sure he knows it too!

Shay said...

You put into words the same things have I have felt for the past 3 1/2years. It is very difficult and wonderful, isn't it?! Also, your pictures are awesome!

These Four Walls said...

You are so right. I love every moment I am able to spend with my kids - and I dread the day when I'm not cool anymore and I know nothing :)!