For the past few months, Cash and I have had this daily struggle to brush his teeth. Of course there would be no struggle if I would just let him handle this on his own, but you know how well it would get done! I have tried everything in the book: make silly faces, tell him to say "Eeeeee" to expose his little chompers (which didn't really work because then he started calling his toothbrush his "Eeeee!"), and everything else in the book you could even imagine.
Well, I think I finally have found the answer and boy wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall for this one! I made up the simple jingle and he LOVES it. In fact, he even starts singing it at random times throughout our day! We simply
"Brush, brush, brush the bad guys out!"
and so on. I mean there is way more to this song than that one line, but I would hate to expose my silliness! You get the drift.
For now though, I have a little boy with very clean teeth, who has an amazingly talented and musical mother!
Well, I think I finally have found the answer and boy wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall for this one! I made up the simple jingle and he LOVES it. In fact, he even starts singing it at random times throughout our day! We simply
"Brush, brush, brush the bad guys out!"
and so on. I mean there is way more to this song than that one line, but I would hate to expose my silliness! You get the drift.
For now though, I have a little boy with very clean teeth, who has an amazingly talented and musical mother!

5 comments:
From one insane mother to the next... :) Seriously, I may have to learn your little song because if it's workin', I'm willing to try it! Teeth brushing is a battle for us as well. He'll brush them, just not very well. I always want to have my way at them and get them real clean, but then it turns disastrous. Oh, what joy!!
Same here! Brushing teeth has always been a battle with Avary! So far, Sam actually seems to like having his teeth brushed. Hopefully it lasts!
I have to admit. . . . I've used a little song of my own. They're over it now, so rest assured you won't have to sing it for the rest of your life!
So funny!! I found myself singing "cleaning your butt is fun to do . . ." the other day while changing Carter's diaper and I didn't even think it was weird until my little brother heard me and couldn't stop laughing. Oh the things we do . . .
I love your jingle. I feel your pain
about the teeth brushing. I have to
make landon laugh and then brush
quickly while his mouth is open. he would much rather do it himself, but he just eats the toothpaste. YUCK.
Post a Comment